THIS IS MY FAVORITE THING EVER
That last part tho.
Within the last couple days:
• Robin Willians died
• an innocent black teenager was shot to death
• a police officer at west lake mall maced a black man that just happened to walk by, then arrested him and refused him water
• policemen have been using brute force against peaceful protesters
• Ebola has broken out
• 94 people were killed in 3 days in the Ukraine
• people have begun to plan a real life purge
Someone please tell me. What, in THE HELL is going on
When I got Robin Williams’ rider, I was very surprised by what I found. He actually had a requirement that for every single event or film he did, the company hiring him also had to hire a certain number of homeless people and put them to work. I never watched a Robin Williams movie the same way after that. I’m sure that on his own time and with his own money, he was working with these people in need, but he’d also decided to use his clout as an entertainer to make sure that production companies and event planners also learned the value of giving people a chance to work their way back. I wonder how many production companies continued the practice into their next non-Robin Williams project, as well as how many people got a chance at a job and the pride of earning an income, even temporarily, from his actions. He was a great multiplier of his impact. Let’s hope that impact lives on without him. Thanks, Robin Williams- not just for laughs, but also for a cool example.
|—||Brian Lord.org (via tariella)|